Word for September
: Good morning - Ohayo
and Good afternoon - Konnichiwa
Congratulations on your entrance to the preschool.
Finally we can feel the cooler air which reminds us of the fall after the unbearable hot weather. How is everyone doing? 2015 ‘Kodomo no Ie’ has begun with children’s laughter and smile after the summer vacation. While we were preparing for the new school year to start, we were looking forward to seeing all the children. We all are looking forward to spend time with the children and support their growing minds.
Thank you very much in advance for your understanding and support.
9/2 (Wed), 3 (Thur), & 4 (Fri)
Entrance Ceremonies for each class: Class Photo (@ Chapel)
Japanese Class Orientation and Beginning of the Lessons
Hiyoko Class: Starting Mommy and Me Class (9:30am to11:00am)
9/23 (Wed), 24 (Thur), & 25 (Fri):
Birthday Parties for September Birthdays: Offering
Goals of the Child Care
"KNI is fun!"
Nenshou: Before Pre-K class
- Help children feel comfortable with the teachers and the school environment at KNI so that they feel excited to return
- Allow children to acclimate to the routine at KNI and support them as they become better acquainted with KNI life.
Nenchu: Pre-K class
- Help the children to get acquainted with preschool life, and support them in order to feel safe to explore, play, and try a variety of activities at KNI
- Encourage them to follow KNI's routine independently
Nenchou: Kindergarten class
- Remind the children of their role as the oldest students in the preschool, and encourage them to be independent and to cooperate with their teachers
- Help them get used to the new class and enjoy playing and interacting with new friends.
- Discuss and observe the garden to help the children become more connected to nature and the changes that occur during the fall season
Introduction of Teachers "Nice to meet you, everyone!"
Before Pre-K Classes
(Mon/Wed AM) Yamamoto Sensei
(Tue/Thur AM) Kanno Sensei
(Fri AM) Kanno Sensei
(Mon/Wed PM) Hashiba Sensei
(Fri PM) Tabari Sensei
(Tue/Thur PM) Umehata Sensei (Encho Sensei/Director)
*KNI is a team-teaching school. The listed teachers are leading the class, but they are not the only teacher who is in-charge of the class. All teachers will spend time with children every day, and be a part of everyone's learning process.
We appreciate your understanding and support and look forward to a great school year as we anticipate watching your child learn and grow!
Class 1 *Ozeki Sensei (Pre-School Grades)
Class 2 * Umehata Sensei (Lower Grades)
Class 3 * Yamada Sensei (Middle Grades)
Class 4 * Ohta Sensei (Upper Grades)
Class 5 * Sakamoto Sensei (AP Prep Course)
Class 6 * Peregon Sensei (JSL)
*Japanese Classes are grouped by the students’ Japanese levels. Each teacher is running the class according to each level.
Songs of the Month
----- Kirei na Budo (Beautiful grapes)
----- Ari-san no Ohanashi (Ant's chat)
----- Pom poko Tanuki (Pom poko Raccoon)
---------- Hashiru no Daisuki (I love running)
--------- Koorogi (Crickets)
------ Shojouji no Tanuki Hayashi (Accompaniment of Raccoon Dog at Temple Shojou)
*The music sheet for each song is available at the sign-in table. Please feel free to take one, and enjoy the song of the month with your whole family.
Information for Fundraising
The school year of 2015 has begun. Please participate “KIN Fundraise” again for this year. For the 1st Fundraise, we are going to sell T-Shirts. We have put the samples of the sizes and colors for T-Shifts in front of the sign-up table.
For those who just joined KNI especially, please participate this fundraise. We are looking forward to hearing from you!