1: Goals of the month
2: Let's sing! ~Songs for January~
3: At the Beginning of the Year
4: Many thank-yous
5: December Offering
Happy New Year!
It is 2009, Heisei 21. I hope your holiday season was peaceful. I greatly appreciate all the heart warming support you provided last year. I appreciate your continuing support for the new year and I am looking forward to working with you for our children. We, the 'Kodomo No Ie'
preschool teachers, Japanese language teachers, and administration staff members, all will work harder this year to further improve our school.
Goals of the month
- Learn and experience the traditional new year games of Japan, such as Karuta, Sugoroku, Fukuwari, Takoage, Komamawashi, etc. Learn the importance of following rules through games.
- Learn to make kites and tops. Learn the joy of making your own toys.
- Develop interest in writing words through letter exchange game.
- Observe and enjoy daikon (radish) growth, develop interest in vegetable and plant growth, and learn to take care of them.
- Learn good winter hygiene such as washing hands and gargling
Let's sing! ~Songs for January~
"Yukidarumano cha cha cha" (Snowmans' cha cha cha)
"Yagisan Yubin" (Goat the mailman)
"Kodomoha Kazenoko" (Kids full of energy)
"Yakiimo Gu Chi Ba" (Baked Potato Gu Chi Ba)
"Tomodachini narutameni" (To become friends) with sign language
"Mochitsuki no Uta" (Song of Rice Pounding), "Mamemaki" (Song of Bean Throwing)"
The music sheets are available on the attendant sheet table. Please feel free to take one so that you can enjoy the songs with your child(ren) at home.
At the Beginning of the Year
It has been decided that I would have spinal cord surgery. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this and your support would be much appreciated. (Director, Ms. Umehata)
Health comes first! While taking care of my own mind and body, I would like to live every day comfortably by taking it easy and being my usual self. (Ms. Kanno)
My new year's resolution for 2009 is "I will try my best to deal with everything!" It has been three years since I came here, but I would like to find something new every day without falling into the same old routines. Also, I would like to get into better shape by shedding weight gained by overeating . (Ms. Kagawa)
I would like to make the most of each day that I spend with children and enjoy seeing as many smiling faces as possible in the limited time I am with these children . (Ms. Utsunomiya)
My new year's resolution is "Live without regret." I learned many lessons and thought over what I did a lot in my first year of child-care experience here. This is my second year, and I would like apply what I have learned from my errors, and never quit working with children. (Ms. Okuda)
Energetic this year too! I would like to be as energetic as Kodomo no Ie children! My other new year's resolution is to achieve my long-term dream of getting a driver's license...I will work harder!! (Ms. Iiyama)
1. Total of your contributions at the Christmas Event was $757.00
. All will be contributed to the church.
2. All staff members received the Christmas gifts from PTA and many families. We want to extend a big thank-you to you all. We should write a thank you card to each family to express our gratitude, but instead please regard this as our gesture to thank all the families.
3. We really appreciate the support of the Christmas Event commitee members and class mothers who made this Christmas event possible.
4. What do you think of the Christmas Event? Each grade showed us their best performances. Thank you very much for all of your support to make this event such a heart-warming one.
Total of December contribution was $70.61
Thank you so much for your contribution.
Please remember the bithday party day every month is the day for the contribution day.